It is of great importance to take care of your teeth daily.
– Brush your teeth at least twice a day to remove plaque.
– Use a toothpaste with fluoride.
– Clean between teeth with a toothpick or brush, depending on the advice of the dental hygienist or prevention assistant.
– Always consult your dentist if you suffer from bleeding gums.
– Visit the dentist twice a year for the dental check.
The dental hygienist carries out treatments that are aimed at healing, such as the treating the gum disease gingivitis (inflamed gums) and periodontitis (inflammation of the tissues around the tooth / molar).
If your oral hygiene is up to standard and your teeth can be cleaned with a simple dental cleaning , the hygienist will refer you to the prevention assistant. By visiting the prevention assistant regularly, your oral hygiene will obviously be maintained with your full commitment and motivation. The frequency is determined by the hygienist or prevention assistant.
The prevention assistant or hygienist can provide further guidance and instruction. The task of the dental hygienist and prevention assistant is focused on prevention. This is to prevent caries and the occurrence of gum disease.